Vex Mythoclast is a strong Primary slot Fusion Rifle, currently the only one of its kind.
When originally popularized in PVP, it received a backlash of complaints. In response, Bungie nerfed the weapon in Patch 126.96.36.199, "The One About Mythoclast" (their words). This nerf reduced Base Damage by 34%; to help keep it relevant, the "Precision Damage multiplier" was upped from 1.25 to 1.50.
On December 1st, Bungie released Patch 1.1 which addressed 16/20 Exotic weapons including the Mythoclast. Attack Power was increased to 323 (from 300), Base Damage was increased (bug fix), and Enhanced Battery was replaced by Extended Mag.
Vex Mythoclast is one of 10 Raid-specific weapons dropped in Vault of Glass. It's only dropped on Hard Mode.
- Atheon's Epilogue - Auto Rifle
- Fatebringer - Hand Cannon (Hard Mode)
- Praedyth's Timepiece - Pulse Rifle (Hard Mode)
- Vision of Confluence - Scout Rifle
- Vex Mythoclast - Fusion Rifle (Hard Mode)
- Found Verdict - Shotgun
- Praedyth's Revenge - Sniper Rifle
- Praetorian Foil - Fusion Rifle (Hard Mode)