Bad Juju is a full-auto, high-ROF Exotic Pulse Rifle acquired from the Toland's Legacy Exotic Bounty. Smart Drift Control and Perfect Balance are popular talent choices, given how quickly Bad Juju fires.
In the December Exotic Patch, Bad Juju received a significant buff:
- Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
- Ammo inventory size increased
- String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
- Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle
The increased Super gain from String of Curses is +3.25%. This makes it an increasingly-popular choice, especially for Voidwalkers with Obsidian Mind equipped.
In Patch 1.1.1, Pulse Rifles will receive a +9.7% damage buff, further increasing Bad Juju's effectiveness.
How to Earn Bad Juju
Note: Make sure you've received the Exotic Bounty first! (Toland's Legacy)
- Complete any Weekly Heroic or Nightfall Strike.
- Complete 25 Strikes of any kind.
- Nightfalls count as 3, and Weekly Heroics count as 2.
- The Nexus strike (Sekrion) is a popular choice, due to quick completions.
- Xûr is a vendor who's only available from Friday A.M. until Sunday A.M.
- 25 pts. - Kills/Assists vs. Hunter or Titan
- 75 pts. - Kills/Assists vs. Warlock
Once you've completed those steps, Bad Juju is yours!
Lore of Toland and Bad Juju
Bad Juju is a weapon crafted by Toland the Shattered, a Warlock exiled for his extreme fascination with the Hive. Before his exile, he was the owner of the Legendary Auto Rifle Shadow Price.
The story of Toland and Bad Juju is told through several Grimoire cards and items:
- Ghost Fragment: Darkness 3
- Ghost Fragment: Hive 4
- Omnigul, Will of Crota
- Eyes of Crota
- Blades of Crota
- Might of Crota
- Ir Yût, the Deathsinger
- Crota's End
- Bad Juju
Before hunting Crota, Eris and her fireteam found the exiled Toland. They recruited him – the exiled master of Hive arcana – to assist in their mission to kill Crota. While Eris' fireteam was unsuccessful, Toland's fate is unknown.