Last week, Bungie unveiled the first gameplay footage and new details for Destiny 2 which show how the sequel will improve upon the already stellar gameplay of its predecessor.
If you didn’t catch the event when it aired live, we have you covered. You can watch the full event courtesy of the below embed from Bungie’s Twitch channel. Here’s a brief rundown of what was revealed during the event.
- The story campaign will center around the Guardians being driven from the Tower by a faction of the Cabal known as the Red Legion and then having to regroup and launch a counterattack against the Red Legion’s leader, Dominus Ghaul.
- Crucible PvP is being reworked so that all modes encompass 4v4 matches.
- One of the new PvP modes will be an attack/defend mode called Countdown.
- Strikes, Nightfall Strikes, Trials of Osiris, and Raids will all return.
- There will be new weapon types such as miniguns and grenade launchers.
- Players will be able to equip one weapon each from three reworked categories: Kinetic, Energy, and Power (the last of which will now include weapons like Sniper Rifles and Fusion Rifles).
- There will be new PvE open world activities such as Adventures (missions) and Lost Sectors (single-player dungeons) in addition to standard Patrols and Public Events Players will be able to create and/or join in-game clans.
- A new "Guided Games" feature will essentially function as matchmaking for activities like Raids or Trials of Osiris by having solo players fill in empty spots on a clan’s premade team.
- Destiny 2’s PC version will be distributed exclusively through Blizzard’s Battle.net service, making it the first non-Blizzard game to be made available through the service.
You can also watch the full video down below.
For more on the latest Destiny news here at DestinyDB, be sure to check out some of the officially licensed Destiny 2 merchandise currently in the works, recap the entire history of Destiny in this fan-made video, and watch as one dedicated Reddit player completes one of the most ridiculous Destiny challenges ever.